Register Your Cover/Warranty
RetraxPRO Warranty Statement | RetraxONE™ Warranty Information | Warranty Registration
Retrax (referred to as manufacturer) warrants each new RetraxPRO and PowertraxPRO retractable pickup bed cover to the original owner (non-transferable) as follows:
The RetraxPRO and PowertraxPRO have a limited lifetime warranty for the failure of materials and workmanship. Warranty replacement costs will be prorated after three (3) years.
Items not covered under the warranty:
- Normal wear over the life of the Retrax cover
- Water intrusion at any location or any damage caused as a result
- Other dealer and/or purchaser installed parts & accessories
Conditions which will void all warranty:
- Lubrication of the rails or sealed ball bearings
- Altering the Retrax cover in any manner without written approval from the manufacturer
- Use for any purpose other than the normal intended use
- Misuse, negligence or accident
- Installation of any other part or accessory which comes in contact with or may interfere with the Retrax cover without written approval of the manufacturer
- Failure to register this warranty with the manufacturer within thirty (30) days from the date of delivery
- Failure to adequately secure cargo to prevent damage to the Retrax cover
- Acts of God or other external causes
Conditions and Limitations
This warranty is subject to certain conditions and limitations including, but not limited to, the following:
- Any part of a Retrax retractable pickup bed cover that is found to be defective under the terms of this warranty will be repaired or replaced using either new or reconditioned parts at the discretion of the manufacturer.
- In determining what constitutes a failure under the terms of this warranty the decision of the manufacturer will be final.
- This warranty is applicable to the original purchaser only and is not transferable to subsequent purchasers.
- The manufacturer does not accept any responsibility in connection with the installation of any of its products by its dealers or agents.
- The manufacturer does not undertake responsibility to any purchaser for warranty express or implied by any of its dealers, distributors or agents beyond which is contained herein.
- Without regard to an alleged defect of its products the manufacturer under any circumstances does not assume responsibility for loss of time, inconvenience, revenue, or other consequential damage including, but not limited to, expenses for telephone, food, lodging, travel, loss or damage to the vehicle the products are installed on or loss or damage to personal property of the purchaser or user of the products.
- The manufacturer reserves the right to make changes in the design of, improvements to, or warranty of its products without imposing any obligation upon itself to provide the same for any products theretofore manufactured.
- Under no circumstances shall Retrax be liable for special, indirect, incidental or consequential damages sustained in connection with the Retrax cover
Some states do not allow limitations on how long the implied warranty lasts, so the aforementioned limitations may not apply to you.
If a part fails, the purchaser should return to the selling dealer to determine if the failed part is covered under the terms of this warranty. If a warranty claim is necessary, the dealer will contact Retrax If it is impractical for the purchaser to return to the selling dealer, then the purchaser may contact Retrax directly at 1-800-206-4070. The defective part, along with a copy of the original bill of sale, must be returned prepaid to Retrax at 917 S. 46th St. Grand Forks, ND 58201. At the manufacturer’s discretion, photos, a copy of the original bill of sale and the serial number may be submitted in lieu of the returned damaged product to Retrax After determining the validity of the warranty claim, Retrax will ship a replacement part prepaid to the customer. Labor costs to replace defective parts are the responsibility of the purchaser.
If at any time you need warranty assistance, please call 1-800-206-4070 or email us at email@example.com and one of our technical reps will be happy to help you. When calling or emailing, please be prepared to reference your part number and serial number.
RetraxONE™ and PowertraxONE™ Warranty Information
- Never allow any person or animal to be transported in the pickup bed. Under no circumstances should anyone stand, sit or lay on the cover.
- The Retrax™ bed cover is not waterproof. Retrax will not be held liable for damage sustained to any cargo being transported in a pickup bed equipped with a Retrax™ bed cover.
- The security features on the Retrax™ bed cover are intended to act only as a deterrent to theft or damage to your cargo. No guarantee is made to the ability of the Retrax™ to protect valuables.
RetraxONE™ and PowertraxONE™ Limited Lifetime Warranty
Retrax makes every effort to assure that its products meet high quality and durability standards and warrants to the original retail consumer/purchaser of our products that each product be free from defects in materials and workmanship as follows:
1 year limited warranty for a RetraxONE, and a 3 year limited warranty for a PowertraxONE or limited lifetime warranty at a prorated price on all Retrax products unless specified otherwise. This warranty is to the original owner and is non-transferable.
Warranty does not apply to defects due directly or indirectly to misuse, abuse, negligence or accidents, acts of god, neglect or failure to operate products in accordance with instructions provided in the owner’s information supplied with the product, repairs or alterations outside our facilities or to a lack of maintenance. Retrax LIMITS ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES TO THE PERIOD SPECIFIED ABOVE FROM THE DATE THE PRODUCT WAS PURCHASED AT RETAIL. EXCEPT AS STATED HEREIN, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS ARE EXCLUDED. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG THE IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. Retrax SHALL IN NO EVENT BE LIABLE FOR DEATH, INJURIES TO PERSONS OR PROPERTY OR FOR INCIDENTAL, CONTINGENT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSS, DAMAGE, OR EXPENSE THAT MAY RESULT FROM ANY DEFECT, FAILURE, MALFUNCTION, OR USE OF OUR PRODUCTS. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. To take advantage of this warranty, the product or part must be returned for examination, postage prepaid, to Retrax Proof of purchase date and an explanation of the complaint must accompany the merchandise. If our inspection discloses a defect, Retrax will either repair or replace the product. Repair or replacement will be scheduled and serviced according to the normal workflow at Retrax and depending on the availability of replacement parts. Retrax will return repaired product or replacement at Retrax expense, but if it is determined there is no defect or that the defect resulted from causes not within the scope of Retrax warranty, then the user may bear the cost of storing and returning the product. This limited warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights, which vary from state to state.
Important Owner Information
Please read the instructions and owner information carefully before attempting to assemble, install, operate or maintain your Retrax™ bed cover. Here are some helpful hints for keeping your Retrax™ looking and working like new.
- Automotive (non-abrasive) wax can be applied to the cover and rails for extra protection against the elements and scratches.
- Secure cargo in your box to prevent shifting of the load and possible damage to the front canister.
- The Retrax™ bed cover should slide open and closed easily. Do not force the cover open or closed. Please call the Retrax™ Consumer Hotline (1-800-206-4070) before attempting any maintenance or repairs.
- Care should be taken when setting any items on the cover. If the cover is dusty or an item is dragged across the cover, scratching or hazing may occur. Treat your Retrax™ bed cover like the hood of your pickup. Do not wipe dust off the cover; it should be washed off.
- With proper care, the polycarbonate cover on your Retrax™ will last for many years. It should be cleaned with mild soap and water. Do not use any strong chemicals or cleaners of any kind. Do not allow gasoline to come in contact with the cover. The ball- bearing rollers installed on your Retrax™ are sealed-for-life and no maintenance or lubrication is required (do not use a lubricant). The channel of the rail can be wiped clean, if needed, to remove dust or dirt.
- Every effort has been made to make the Retrax™ weather-tight, however, the Retrax™ is not waterproof. Use extra care to prevent damage to items during severe weather conditions or while entering a car wash. Water may collect on the cover, remove water before opening.
- Do not force your Retrax™ open if ice forms on your bed cover after an ice storm or car wash. You should use your hand to gently tap around the perimeter of the cover, which should free up the weather-stripping that seals the bed cover along the edges. Lock de-icer can be used to free up the key lock. Do not allow de-icer to make contact with the bed cover.