Retrax (referred to as manufacturer) warrants each new Retrax retractable pickup bed cover to the original owner (nontransferable) as follows:
The RetraxONE, RetraxONE MX, PowertraxONE and PowertraxONE MX have a limited lifetime warranty for the failure of materials and workmanship. Warranty replacement costs will be prorated after one (1) year for the RetraxONE and RetraxONE MX, and three (3) years for the PowertraxONE and PowertraxONE MX. The RetraxPRO, RetraxPRO MX, PowertraxPRO and PowertraxPRO MX have a limited lifetime warranty for the failure of materials and workmanship. Warranty replacement costs will be prorated after three (3) years.
ITEMS NOT COVERED UNDER THE WARRANTY
- Normal wear over the life of the Retrax cover
- Water intrusion at any location or any damage caused as a result
- Other dealer and/or purchaser installed parts and accessories
CONDITIONS THAT WILL VOID ALL WARRANTY
- Lubrication of the rails or sealed ball bearings
- Altering the Retrax cover in any manner without written approval from the manufacturer
- Use for any purpose other than the normal intended use
- Misuse, negligence or accident
- Installation of any other part or accessory that comes in contact with, or may interfere with, the Retrax cover without written approval of the manufacturer
- Failure to register this warranty with the manufacturer within thirty (30) days from the date of delivery
- Failure to adequately secure cargo to prevent damage to the Retrax cover
- Acts of God or other external causes
CONDITIONS AND LIMITATIONS
This warranty is subject to certain conditions and limitations including, but not limited to, the following:
- Any part of a Retrax retractable pickup bed cover that is found to be defective under the terms of this warranty will be repaired or replaced, using either new or reconditioned parts, at the discretion of the manufacturer.
- In determining what constitutes a failure under the terms of this warranty, the decision of the manufacturer will be final.
- This warranty is applicable to the original purchaser only and is not transferable to subsequent purchasers.
- The manufacturer does not accept any responsibility in connection with the installation of any of its products by its dealers or agents.
- Without regard to an alleged defect of its products, the manufacturer does not, under any circumstances, assume responsibility for inconvenience, loss of time, revenue or other consequential damage including, but not limited to, expenses for telephone, food, lodging, travel, loss or damage to the vehicle the products are installed on or loss or damage to personal property of the purchaser or user of the products.
- The manufacturer does not undertake responsibility to any purchaser for warranty expressed or implied by any of its dealers, distributors or agents beyond what is contained herein.
- The manufacturer reserves the right to make changes in the design of, improvements to, or warranty of its products without imposing any obligation upon itself to provide the same for any products theretofore manufactured.
- Under no circumstances shall Retrax be liable for special, indirect, incidental or consequential damages sustained in connection with the Retrax model covers.
HELPFUL HINTS FOR KEEPING YOUR COVER LOOKING AND WORKING LIKE NEW
- Automotive (nonabrasive) wax can be applied to the cover and rails for extra protection against the elements and scratches. (RetraxONE / RetraxPRO covers only.)
- The Retrax bed cover should slide open and closed easily. Do not force the cover open or closed. Please call Retrax at (800) 206-4070 before attempting any maintenance or repairs.
- Care should be taken when setting any items on the cover. If the cover is dusty or an item is dragged across the cover, scratching or hazing may occur. Treat your Retrax bed cover like the hood of your pickup. Do not wipe dust off the cover; it should be washed off.
- With proper care, the polycarbonate cover will last for many years. It should be cleaned with mild soap and water. Do not use any strong chemicals or cleaners of any kind. Do not allow gasoline to come in contact with the cover.
- Every effort has been made to make the Retrax weathertight; however, the Retrax is not waterproof. Use extra care to prevent damage to items during severe weather conditions or while entering a car wash. Water may collect on the cover; remove water before opening.
- Do not force your Retrax open if ice forms on your bed cover after an ice storm or car wash.
- You should use your hand to tap around the perimeter of the cover, which should free up the weather stripping that seals the bed cover along the edges. Lock de-icer can be used to free up the key lock. Do not allow de-icer to make contact with the bed cover. Dry graphite can be applied to the lock assembly to help prevent freezing.
- Some states do not allow limitations on how long the implied warranty lasts, so the aforementioned limitations may not apply to you.
If a part fails, the purchaser should return to the selling dealer to determine if the failed part is covered under the terms of this warranty. If a warranty claim is necessary, the dealer will contact Retrax. If it is impractical for the purchaser to return to the selling dealer, then the purchaser may contact Retrax directly at (800) 206-4070. The defective part, along with a copy of the original bill of sale, must be returned prepaid to Retrax at 917 S. 46th St., Grand Forks, ND 58201. At the manufacturer’s discretion, photos, a copy of the original bill of sale and the serial number may be submitted in lieu of the returned damaged product to Retrax. After determining the validity of the warranty claim, Retrax will ship a
replacement part prepaid to the customer. Labor costs to replace defective parts are the responsibility of the purchaser.
If at any time you need warranty assistance, please call (800) 206-4070 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and one of our technical reps will be happy to help you.
When calling or emailing, please be prepared to reference your part number and serial number.